Thursday, April 28, 2016

Boehner calls Cruz 'Lucifer in the substance'


John Boehner compared Ted Cruz to the villain on Wednesday. (Photograph: Yuri Gripas/Reuters/File)

Previous House Speaker John Boehner offered a fairly limit evaluation of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz on Wednesday night.

"Lucifer in the substance," Boehner said amid a discussion facilitated by Stanford University in Palo Alto, Calif., as per the Stanford Daily. "I have Democrat companions and Republican companions. I coexist with just about everybody, except I have never worked with a more hopeless offspring of the devil in my life."

The Ohio Republican, who resigned from Congress the previous fall, said he would vote in favor of whomever the gathering selects for president — unless it's Cruz.

Boehner portrayed the other two GOP hopefuls, Donald Trump and John Kasich, as his "companions."

Boehner said he has played golf with Trump for a considerable length of time and that they were "messaging pals." His association with the Ohio representative, be that as it may, "requires more exertion for my benefit than all my different companions … however he's still my companion, and I adore him."

Cruz, who presented Carly Fiorina as his running mate on Wednesday, reacted to Boehner's point on Twitter Thursday morning.

"Let me know again who will face Washington?" the Texas congressperson tweeted. "Trump, who's Boehner's 'messaging and hitting the fairway pal,' or Carly and me?"


News Source:Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment