Thursday, March 17, 2011

Randy Moss professes love for NFL team

Randy Moss (Photo by Ronald C. Modra/Sports Imagery/Getty Images) 

 The outspoken receiver, a free agent, heaps praise on a star QB and head coach. 

Randy Moss loves the Patriots, perhaps to an unhealthy degree

When players speak glowingly of an organization, most of the time, they actually play for that organization. Or, at the very least, weren't just traded by that organization. But Randy Moss(notes) is not most players.
Via Tim Graham at ESPN, Randy Moss, speaking to KFAN in Minneapolis, went Simple Jack on everyone and talked about how the Patriots m-m-m-make him happy.
"If you're asking me where my heart and where I'm happy is, I love playing with Tom Brady(notes). I love being coached by Bill Belichick."
[...]
"I think that just the success as a wide receiver and everything that the New England Patriots stand for, you know, I'm a big fan of Bill Belichick's," Moss said. "I really am, and not just on the field. I'm a fan of his off the field because, you know, the little grouchy man that you see on-camera is not what you see off-camera."
I see that as a tremendous compliment to Bill Belichick. Not necessarily because he loved Randy Moss so much -- maybe he did, maybe he didn't -- but because Moss felt loved, and Moss has always needed to feel that way by his coaches and teammates.
Different guys are motivated in different ways. Either Bill Belichick is a sweetheart to everyone (I'm skeptical) or Belichick identified how he could best motivate Randy Moss, and then did it. That's not to say that he didn't actually care for Randy Moss, but either way, it's a credit to Belichick that he was able to get the best out of Moss when so many other coaches had failed to.
As for Moss, he's a free agent for the theoretical 2011 season. He mentioned the Cleveland Browns and Seattle Seahawks as places he would play, and stressed that he'll play for someone he feels will be loyal to him.

News Source: yahoo


 

No comments:

Post a Comment