Friday, March 4, 2011

Dancer's hilarious celebration a Web hit


Earlier this year, the University of Memphis spirit squad won the national championship in hip-hop dance. Captain Marina Barrett was understandably excited about the achievement, as she demonstrated by celebrating with an uncontrollable thrashing dance when the announcement was made. 
The video quality is subpar and the guys filming it are laughing in the background. It's such a hilarious clip that neither of those things matter:
On an episode of "Seinfeld," it was said that Elaine's dancing looked like a full-bodied dry heave set to music. That's an apt description of this. Multiple viewings of the clip make it even funnier, but my favorite part is how quickly Ms. Barrett composes herself for the ESPN interview. She goes from wild flailing to calm manner in an instant.

The competition aired last weekend and the video quickly went viral. In its first four days on YouTube, the clip generated over 200,000 views.
Barrett is taking her newfound attention in stride. She told WMC-TV in Memphis:
"It's my senior year, I'm graduating and we've all worked so hard. I let everything go. I was just like so pumped, I wasn't able to contain myself. I think that could be cool for the girls to maybe get some recruits to come out and be on this team because it's a great team."
A great team with an early leg-up on some new choreography for next year.


News Source: Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment